Where does the money go for blockchain investments?
Student at Yale and a crypto enthusiast Fan Wen conducted a thorough research. He concludes:
1) Money goes USA (75%), China and Canada
2) Money doubled from 2017 to 2018
3) Most active are those who know a lot.
4) 75% invest in early stages
5) Integration doubled from 2017 to 2018
6) Most money go to cryptocurrency startups on cryptocurrency issuance, exchange/trading, mining (hardware and software), wallet, payment, etc.
7) The most invested “buzzwords” in 2018 include: Blockchain Security, Crypto Assets & Exchange, Financial Software/Services, Stablecoin, and Blockchain Games/Gaming Platforms.
8) New money went primarily into: Cryptographic Technology, Stablecoins, and Assets Securitization/Management. Particularly, Consensus Algorithm/Protocol Development has attracted a large portion of money.
Full text here.